Assembly Technician / Vehicle Transporter
Locations: South Hackensack NJ, Valley Stream NY
The assembler position is a hands-on position that will be responsible for assembling parts to produce shelving, racking, ladder racks & cabinets. Candidate must possess a history of mechanical aptitude and knowledge of basic hand tools and strong attention to detail. The successful individual will be self-motivated, dedicated, and have a good work ethic.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools and materials.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Read technical data sheet, Variable sheet and general work order to determine the specifications of the shelving units, racks and ladder racks.
- Retrieve needed parts for use in the assembly process.
- Assemble and install subassemblies
- Uses hand tools and power tools to assemble units according to product specifications
- Perform pre-work and post-work quality checks to ensure quality.
- Complete all inventory transactions; complete all paperwork as necessary
- Complete all tasks as necessary; assist in other areas as needed
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Transports vehicles to and from dealers to shop and back within a timely manner
- Adheres to all state and local driving laws.
Skills / Attributes Required:
- Excellent Communication skills both oral and written.
- High school Diploma
- Must be able to work well with hands
- Strong attention to detail, and a passion for quality results
- High School Diploma required
- Impeccable Driving Record
- Fluency in English
- Must be physically fit and able to bend, twist and lift up to 50lbs for long periods of time.
Job Listing Disclaimer
Advantage Outfitters is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.