Your van upfit and equipment play an essential role in your business. Choosing the right upfit equipment can take your business to the next level, improving organization, efficiency, safety and productivity. But once you have everything you need, how can you ensure that your van upfit and equipment will last?
Below, you’ll learn more about how to prolong the life of cargo van shelving and other upfitting equipment to keep your van in working condition for as long as possible.
Your van and upfitting equipment are your business investments, helping you complete essential work necessary for your community and success. Protecting these investments enables you to sustain the longevity of your van, allowing you to continue your work without unnecessary downtimes or needs for replacements.
Failing to protect your van and equipment can force you to take some downtime to make repairs. You may also have to make additional investments to replace damaged equipment. Your van is your mobile office, so any downtime will affect your bottom line. Installing upfitting equipment is meant to make your job easier, so you don’t want to make it more challenging by failing to take proper care of your van and upfit equipment.
Taking steps to prolong the life of your work van and equipment can help you get the most out of your investment, allowing you to continue your essential work without unnecessary downtime. Learning how to care for cargo van shelving and other upfitting equipment will boost your productivity and increase revenue.
Some ways that you can extend the life of your upfitted work van include:
- Installing your equipment correctly: When you get new upfitting equipment, you want to ensure that you install each piece correctly. Using the wrong methods or installing your equipment incorrectly can cause it to take unnecessary damage or make it less efficient at performing its job, impacting the life of your equipment. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that you’re installing each piece of equipment correctly, reducing the risk of damage and extending your work van’s life.
- Performing preventative maintenance: If you would perform preventive maintenance on your personal vehicle, then it makes sense that you would do the same for your work van. Preventative maintenance can help your work van last longer and prevent unnecessary damage. You’ll also want to treat your upfit equipment like your van. You should prioritize care for your van and equipment, helping extend each life to serve you longer in your work. Maintenance includes regular vehicle and equipment inspections, oil changes and cleaning.
- Driving safe: Using caution on the road will keep your van, equipment and workers safe while they’re on the road. Accidents, even minor ones, can cause unnecessary damage to your van and equipment, requiring downtime to fix and replace. When you or your workers are driving your upfit van, remember to follow the rules of the road, stopping where you should and keeping to the speed limit.
- Cleaning properly: Keeping your upfit equipment clean can help extend its life and allow you to use it for years. You’ll want to clean your cabinets and store things you’re not using regularly to reduce wear and tear. You’ll also want to clean up any spills, even if you have water and chemical-resistant upfitting equipment because long-standing water or chemicals can eat away at different surfaces. Take the time to keep your van and upfitting equipment clean to help you identify problems sooner and extend the life of your work van.
When purchasing upfitting equipment, you want to look for high-quality materials and manufacturer warranties. Quality equipment with warranties is a must because:
- It’s safer: Safety is the priority when buying equipment for your van. Quality equipment will have sturdy, reliable components to help ensure your and your workers’ safety while on the job. Choosing low-quality materials can become a safety issue when they’re unreliable or break in the middle of a job.
- It’s stronger: Cheap products aren’t made from the best materials, so they’re more vulnerable to wear and tear or damage. Choosing high-quality products means durable materials are less likely to become damaged from regular use. These products also tend to come with warranties, allowing you to replace them if something happens.
- It will last longer: High-quality materials will tend to last longer since you’re paying a higher price for the quality and warranty. The longer a product lasts, the less you worry about finding a replacement or making repairs.
- It’s efficient: Stronger, more reliable and safer equipment is often easier to use, allowing you to complete your work more efficiently. Increasing productivity leads to higher revenue, satisfied customers, happy employees and less overall stress.
- It’s cost-effective: High-quality products may have a higher initial price tag, but they’re more likely to have a long life, reducing the need for replacements or repairs. Cheap products may cost less to start, but you’ll have to repair or replace them more often, which can quickly add up. High-quality products are the more cost-effective choice for your work van.
On top of teaching you how to extend the life of cargo van shelving and your other upfitting equipment, working with Advantage Outfitters has many other benefits. We are a full-service upfitter with a large inventory of products for different van makes and models. We make it easy for you to shop by sorting our products by van, helping you find exactly what you need without jumping through hurdles.
We also sell products with proven warranties. For example, our Ranger Shelving units have a 10-year warranty for the product on top of a lifetime installation warranty.
We have our local inventory on-hand at our showrooms, giving you access to the products you need sooner than if you had to wait on shipping. If you buy a product online, we can ship in as little as two business days, reducing your downtime. Our products are high-quality and easy to install, but we also offer mobile installations to make the process easier.
We also have technical assistants available to answer any questions you have or provide guidance on the best upfitting equipment for your needs. Experts lead our team, so we can help you find the right products suited to your industry.
Upfitting your van can take your work to the next level, allowing you to increase your productivity, revenue and worker safety. As leaders in the industry, we know how important it is to have upfitting equipment that meets your every need. We offer a wide range of products by van, making it easy to find the product to take your business to the next level.
See how Advantage Outfitters can help you make a difference in your work today, and contact us to learn more about our upfitting products!