Finding the right van for your business doesn’t have to be a hassle. Here are some of the best commercial cargo vans on the market right now, along with various accessories and shelving options.
Best Commercial Cargo Van Models in 2021
There are many models to choose from for your work vehicle needs. However, it’s crucial to select a make and model that best aligns with your intended use and the region you’re servicing. Here are some of today’s top cargo van models:
A 2021 Mercedes Metris engine is a 2.0 L 4-cylinder. The wheelbase of this model comes in 126” (standard) or 135” (long).
- 126” WB: Maximum payload capacity of up to 2,668 lbs and 183 cubic feet of cargo space.
- 135” WB: Maximum payload capacity of up to 2,612 lbs and 199 cubic feet of cargo space.
This model is 202” in length and 75” in height with only one roof height.
A 2021 Mercedes Sprinter offers three different engine options:
- 2.0 L 4-cylinder
- 2.0 L 4-cylinder diesel
- 3.0 L V6 diesel
The 2021 Mercedes Sprinter has two roof heights:
- Standard: 97.9”
- High: 109.1”
The wheelbase of this model comes in 144” or 170”/170 Ext.
- 144” WB: The vehicle length of this wheelbase is 233.4”
- 170’ WB: The vehicle length of this wheelbase is 274.3”
- 170” Ext. WB: The vehicle length of this wheelbase is 290”
Mercedes Sprinter has a maximum payload capacity of up to 6,823 lbs and 532.6 cubic feet of cargo space.
Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana are essentially the same models produced by General Motors, but they are sold by different brands.
The 2021 Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana offer three different engine options:
- 2.8 L 4-cylinder diesel
- 4.3 L V6
- 6.6 L V8
These models come in 135” or 155” wheelbase options:
- 135” WB: The vehicle length of this wheelbase is 224.1”
- 155” WB: The vehicle length of this wheelbase is 244.1”
The 2021 Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana have a maximum payload capacity of up to 4,280 lbs and 284.4 cubic feet of cargo space. Both models are 84” in height with only one roof height available.
A GMC Savana outfitter can also customize your van to meet your specific needs.
A 2021 RAM ProMaster has a 3.6 L V6 engine. The wheelbase of this model comes in 118”, 136”, or 159”/159” Ext.:
- 118” WB: The maximum payload capacity is 4,000 lbs with 259 cubic feet of cargo space. It has a standard roof height of 5’6”.
- 136” WB: The maximum payload capacity is 3,890 lbs with 304 cubic feet of cargo space. It can have a standard roof height of 5’6” or a high roof height of 6’5” if you need the extra headroom.
- 159” WB: The maximum payload capacity is 4,010 lbs with 420 cubic feet of cargo space. It has a high roof height of 6’5”.
- 159 Ext. WB: The maximum payload capacity is 4,330 lbs with 463 cubic feet of cargo space. This option has a high roof height at 6’5”.
The biggest difference between the RAM ProMaster and the RAM ProMaster City is the size and cargo capacity. Like the 2021 RAM ProMaster, the RAM ProMaster City has a 3.6 L V6 engine. However, the RAM ProMaster City works on a smaller scale.
The RAM ProMaster City has a maximum payload capacity of 1,900 lbs and 131.7 cubic feet of cargo space. It has a cargo height of 4’4” and cargo length of 7’3”. This commercial vehicle model is ideal for the on-the-go worker that services busy and compact cities. It’s most suitable for industries that don’t need to transport heavy equipment.
A 2021 Ford Transit has a 3.5 L V6 engine. The wheelbase of this model comes in 130”, 148”, or 148” Ext.:
- 130” WB: The vehicle length of this wheelbase is 219.9”. The maximum payload capacity is 3,630 lbs. With this wheelbase, you have the option of a low or medium height roof.
- Low roof: 82.2” tall with 280.9 cubic feet of cargo space
- Medium roof: 99.1” tall with 358.7 cubic feet of cargo space
- 148” WB: The vehicle length of this wheelbase is 237.6”. The maximum payload capacity is 3,530 lbs. With this wheelbase, you have the option of a low, medium, or high height roof.
- Low roof: 82.9” tall with 277.7 cubic feet of cargo space
- Medium roof: 101.3” tall with 357.1 cubic feet of cargo space
- High roof: 109.6” tall with 404.3 cubic feet of cargo space
- 148” Ext. WB: The vehicle length of this wheelbase is 263.9”. The maximum payload capacity is 5,110 lbs with 536.4 cubic feet of cargo space. With this wheelbase, you can only have a high roof height of 110.4”.
Advantage Outfitters is a leading commercial vehicle upfitter. We help hard working professionals in industries like yours upfit their vans to enhance safety and productivity. Contact us today to start upfitting your work van!
Cargo Van Upfit Accessories
Interior cargo area lighting is essential for ensuring employee safety. LED interior lighting saves you the frustration of having to hunt down a flashlight when you’re working past traditional business hours.
Van windows allow you to customize your vehicle while maintaining a professional look and feel. Window styles such as the OEM-style window enhance your van’s security because it reflects a light smoke tint that allows easy visibility out but not inside the cargo space.
Running Boards and Rear Steps
Running boards and rear steps provide an easy and safe entry into your work vehicle. Van steps and running boards are constructed from sturdy steel and aluminum that are designed for years of regular use.
Cargo Restraint and Security
Safety and security should be a top priority for your work van. You and your employees transit a lot of expensive equipment, and you often have to leave the vehicle unattended. Cargo restraint and security enable you to protect your van and everything inside of it.
Cargo Van Shelving Unit Options
There are several shelving unit options to choose from, depending on the needs of your work vehicle. In addition to shelving units, shelving packages are also available and designed specifically for the make and model of your van.
Fleet Series (Hybrid Aluminum/Steel)
The Fleet Series shelving unit is tough yet lightweight to bring your work vehicle maximum value. Its aluminum, steel, and composite construction offer modular flexibility for any work vehicle model.
Pro Series (All-Aluminum)
The Pro Series distributes minimal weight to your van but provides unmatched durability and appearance for any professional. Its aluminum and composite construction provides modular flexibility.
The Fold Away Series shelving unit maximizes interior space for delivery and carrier industries. This style offers extra-deep shelves for bulkier packages and can hold up to 250 lbs. Its gas shocks lock shelves in the up or down position, depending on your needs.
Advantage Outfitters—Your Partner In Commercial Upfits
There’s a shortage of van upfitting material these days, but we ensure that Advantage Outfitters has all the products you need to secure a safe and efficient work vehicle. We make vehicle upfits easy with our wide variety of accessories and shelving options. Start the conversation with us today on how we can be your go-to partner for full-sized van upfitting.
At Our Commercial Van
Advantage Outfitters is a one-stop commercial upfitter, transforming vehicles into work-ready service tools. Our customers include contractors, trade fleets, utilities, municipalities, vehicle dealers, and leasing companies.
Get In Touch
Advantage Outfitters, LLC
255 West Street South Hackensack, NJ 07606
Long Island | 107 E. Hawthorne Ave. Valley Stream, NY 11580