An efficient commercial van shelving and storage setup is essential to enhancing employee productivity and securing worker safety. Discover the different types of shelving and storage options available and how you can implement them into your industry work vehicle.
Work van shelving units offer a variety of uses and benefits to on-the-go workers. These aren’t your old-school shelving systems that break after three uses; Ranger Design shelving systems last a lifetime and are easily transferable from vehicle to vehicle.
Depending on the needs of your work vehicle, types of shelving units include:
- Fleet Series (Hybrid Aluminum/Steel): This model is tough yet lightweight. It’s one of the most popular models due to its aluminum, steel, and composite construction and modular flexibility.
- Pro Series (All-Aluminum): The Pro Series is lightweight with unmatched durability and a sleek appearance for the most demanding professional.
- Fold-Away Series: This style maximizes interior space and can hold over 250 pounds per shelf. Its gas shocks lock shelves in the up or down position and obtain extra-deep shelves for bulkier items.
Drawer cabinets provide safe storage and easy access to all of your most essential tools. They allow you to access your everyday items without having to enter the cargo space of your vehicle. Some of the most commonly implemented drawer cabinets in upfitted vans include:
- Side Door Drawer Systems: These drawer systems can be installed under and next to your van’s side doors. They are lockable, so you don’t have to worry about someone breaking in and stealing them when you’re away from the vehicle.
- Compact Drawer Cabinets: These cabinets are wider for larger tools. They are also lockable and come with dividers for various hardware and parts.
If you’re looking for an organizing idea that keeps everything handy on and off the van, parts storage cabinets are ideal for you. Without the proper organization of your tools, things become chaotic, and nothing is where you need it to be.
Partskeeper cabinets from Ranger Design are essentially modular and expandable toolboxes designed for any part. They are customizable, so your workers always bring the right tools for the job.
Our customer-centric vision has enabled us to be one of the fastest-growing vehicle upfitters in the Northeast. Contact us today to maximize the potential of what your work vehicle could be.
Different shelving packages offer different amenities depending on your vehicle’s model. Some of the most popular commercial work vans to upfit with shelving includes:
- Chevrolet Express/GMC Savana: Express/Savana shelving packages fit 135” and 155” wheelbase vans for both low and high roof heights.
- Mercedes Metris: Metris shelving packages fit 126” and 135” wheelbase vans for both low and high roof heights.
- Mercedes Sprinter: Sprinter shelving packages are available for 144” or 170”/170” Ext wheelbase options. They are also available in both low and high roof heights.
- RAM ProMaster: All ProMaster shelving packages are available for 118”, 136”, and 159”/159” Ext wheelbase models. They have shelving packages in both low and high roof heights.
- RAM ProMaster City: The RAM ProMaster City work vehicle offers an excellent shelving package for both low and high roof heights.
- Ford Transit: All Transit shelving packages fit the 130”, 148”, and 148” WB Ext wheelbase models. They are available for both low and high roof heights.
No van upfit is the same—efficient van organization depends on your industry’s requirements. Advantage Outfitters supplies industries across the board with everything they need to upfit their work vans. We’ve helped put cargo van shelving plans into action for sectors including:
Van upfitting is exciting, but it’s important to not get too ahead of yourself. These are the crucial steps you need to follow to efficiently upfit your commercial work vehicle:
Interior work van liners set your investment up for success. You can install liners anywhere in the cargo space, including the walls, doors, ceiling, and floor. Interior liners are customized to align perfectly with your work vehicle. They protect your investment, provide a quieter ride, and provide easier temperature control.
Above all else, the safety of your employees should be a top priority. Van partitions and bulkheads separate the interior of the cab from the cargo area. If there were an accident, partitions have the opportunity to save the lives of your employees from items flying throughout the cargo space.
As mentioned earlier, shelving packages are designed for the specific industry you’re working in. If you’re an HVAC company, a plumbing shelving package has no meaning to you because they have different amenities. It’s important to purchase a shelving package that best aligns with your company’s tools and procedures.
Now, it’s time to think about the not-so-little things. While accessories may seem like small installations, they can play a big role in convenience and employee productivity. Implementing drawers, bins, hooks, cab organizers, and paper holders can optimize how employees get things done and reduce time spent at each jobsite.
Many industries require larger tools that may not fit in the cargo space. Utilizing your van’s roof is a great way to maximize your mobile workspace. Installing ladder racks reduces the amount of space taken up in your work van.
Lastly, exterior accessories promote an easy and safe entry into your work vehicle. Installing running boards is great for months where there’s a lot of mud or snow because it provides excellent traction to your employees’ shoes.
Advantage Outfitters is a fast-growing vehicle upfitter that specializes in commercial equipment and accessories for cargo vans. We collaborate with trade fleets, utilities, municipalities, vehicle dealers, and leasing companies to help them upfit commercial vehicles.
Our customer-centric vision enables us to provide you with the best solution for your business and industry every time. Contact us today to start upfitting your mobile workspace!
At Our Commercial Van
Advantage Outfitters is a one-stop commercial upfitter, transforming vehicles into work-ready service tools. Our customers include contractors, trade fleets, utilities, municipalities, vehicle dealers, and leasing companies.